Escape from the Busy Life – Land for sale San Bernardino, Crestline
Tired of Southern California’s traffic congestion… brown-colored-air… 1-2 hour commutes on WEEKENDS… “people-congestion”… and blazing hot weather…?
Perhaps, consider a mountain property in the booming town of Crestline – 10 minutes from Lake Gregory
This is an interesting property…
You get a nicely built shed at top and a natural waterway at the bottom. Yes, that’s right, a very nice shed comes with the property. So, if this is a feature for you, then keep reading…. if it’s an annoyance, then it might not be for you.
Not only that, but during the rainy season, a water canal flows at the back of the property (looks like it’s right at the property line). This is because two hills meet at the bottom and form a natural waterway for rain and snow melt. But if you’re wondering… NO, this is not a Flood Zone according to the San Bernardino County.
The best part... the famous Lake Gregory is literally 5 minutes away….it’s a 30-minute walk where you can cast your fishing rod year-round in one of So Cals best fishing spots for Trout... or enjoy lake-water-fun with the family
What Can You Do With The Property?
“Wake up to the smell of mountain to your newly built cabin…”
Since this is a residential lot you can…. build a cabin, place a manufactured home, place a tiny home on foundation, invest, and pass on to your children a near-lake property with unique features you won’t find elsewhere.
Worried about how to build on a downslope?
Well, it’s definitely a project that few will do.
And it can take time (any type of building from the ground is a “project-in-a-half”)… but if you can pull it off… it makes for such a unique property overlooking beautifully wooded landscapes. And, once you take a drive through the quaint little mountain-lake town of Crestline, you’ll notice that the majority of homes are built on steep slopes.
That’s because… downslope is much easier and more cost-efficient than building on a hill.
And with the new recent California law changes… according to San Bernardino County… you can now put a tiny home on this lot (a minimum of 150 square feet and maximum of 3,000 square feet).
What About Utilities?
Water: There’s a Waterline in the street. Crestline Water district has quoted around $3,500 to install a water meter.
Looking for a mountain lot with utility meters already? Well, those are very difficult to find and if people do come across that unicorn, they charge a “measly” $50,000 for it…. this property goes for $6,859.
Power: Power pole nearby (23 feet away)
Sewer: It’s a septic area so a septic system would have to be installed like the next door neighbors.
About the Area
The idea started in 1917, where the Pacific Electric Company decided to make a vacation campsite in Pine-Covered Slopes of Crestline for its employees. Then, a former Hollywood Screenwriter who suffered from severe asthma decided to live up there because the crisp, clean air eased his asthma. He built the first Post Office, a general store, and a tavern…. after that the rest is history, and cabins began popping up left and right.
Eventually, the famous Lake Gregory (considered the regions top trout-fishing area by USA Today) was built.
Today, at Lake Gregory (called “the hidden-gem”by the locals) you can enjoy:
- Year-round fishing (Trout, Rainbow trout, brown trout, small-mouth bass (rumored)
- Lake fun (boat rentals, paddle boats, slides, swimming, water park, electric powered boats, aqua cycles, rowboats, kayaks)
- Relaxation (cabanas, hikes, dog trails, cafe, beach, the smell of pine, Trees everywhere, all four seasons, and 20-30 degrees less than the rest of Southern CA)
…. You just have to see it for your own eyes…
Because it’s the ultimate escape from Southern Californias…. traffic-filled, people-rude, smog-filled, scorching heat…. day-to-day life.
- .11 acre (5,801 square feet) Land for Sale in San Bernardino County, Crestline, CA.
- APN: 0339-181-05
- NO default taxes; cheap yearly taxes (last tax bill was $102.92)
- 22% downslope.
- Comes with a nicely built shed. Water line in the street. Power pole 23 feet away. 52′ of frontage. Natural waterway at the very back of property during rainy seasons.
- Buildable; Mobile homes are allowed; Tiny homes on a foundation are allowed.
- Marked at front
To get more information about the property: Call us (Ask for Paul) at (323) 457-7089
Here’s how to get to the property:
Before you go…. print the below maps and take with you in case GPS isn’t working (right click, “save image”, save onto desktop, then print).
Use any one of the following methods to find the property:
- Click on this link for Google Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/PncgLJS7mPDXomVD9
- Type in these GPS Coordinates into Google Maps App on your phone: 34.2401026, -117.2556336
- Type in adjacent property address into Google Maps App on your phone: 25110 Jewel Dr Crestline, CA 92325
(Front of property is marked with wood stakes. Look for Shed.)
To get there from San Bernardino City:
(Link to these directions are found here: https://goo.gl/maps/u4xHDMGWqkDRGRXG6
- Head North on the 18 (Waterman)… this will take you up the SB Mountains.
- Continue up the 18
- Use the right lane to take the CA-138 ramp to Crestline
- Continue down CA-138
- Continue straight into Lake Dr.
- Turn right onto Arosa Dr
- Continue straight onto Jewel Dr
- Property is on Left
Here are the maps to help you get there
If interested… Call Us at: (323) 457-7089
0% Interest Financing is Available (Minimum of $1000 Down, Call (323) 457-7089 for details)
No Doc Fees if Cash
Title transferred via CA Grant Deed guarantees a clean title.
**all information is presented to the best of our knowledge. Buyers must complete due diligence before purchase and be 100% satisfied before making a purchase. There are no guarantees or refunds except for our guarantee of clean title or your money back.