A Brief Introduction
This piece of land is practically right across the street from Sprague River, a 75-mile long river where largemouth bass are just waiting to be caught. Take your kayak or canoe down to the river for a float next to green, marshy wetlands with tons of different wildlife, including American White Pelicans, Greater Sandhill Cranes, and Olive-Sided Flycatchers, or take a drive through the countryside on the paved Drews Road with your windows down, playing some tunes, enjoying fresh air and the simple pleasures of a warm sunny day.
What Can You Do With The Property?
Ever wanted to build your own little vacation cabin? Or how about start a little hobbie-farm, where you grow some plants and raise some animals? Nothing big, just something for you and your loved ones to use. Then this might be just the property you’re looking for.
This property is zoned as R2, meaning it’s residential/recreational (i.e. you can build on it or use it for recreational purposes).
Here’s everything you can do with it:
- Build a cabin or home on it
- Camp (21 days out of a 6 month period)
- Start a hobbie farm and even raise a few animals
- Have some recreational fun (build a paintball course, ride your dirt-bike, camp, or have an evening bonfire with friends!)
What About Utilities?
We know… if you’re wanting to live on the property, then utilities are BIG deal. Even people living off grid need water, sewer, and some sort of power. Here’s what this property offers:
- Water — You can definitely build a well on this property.
- Power — There are power poles on Drews Road, which is just around the corner from the property. Or you could use solar if you don’t want to use a landline.
- Sewer — In order to get a septic system installed on the property, you’ll need the correct permits, which will require a perc test (usually this costs a few hundred dollars). If that clears, you can install a full septic system. If it doesn’t, you’ll have to install an alternative septic system (mound system, composting toilet, pressurized dosing, or sand filter are a few options).
Are There Any Restrictions? Anything You Should Be Aware Of?
The worst thing that could happen is for you to spend thousands of dollars on a property and then find out… you can’t even use it for what you wanted! I know people to who this has happened (careful who you buy land from). But at The People’s Land Company, we’re determined to give you all the necessary information about each property so you don’t get side-swiped. There are a few restrictions with this property that you should be aware of:
- Camping — You can camp on this property (stay in a recreational vehicle) only for 21 days out of a 6 month period.
- Flood Plains — This property is in the flood plains, meaning that if you build a house or cabin on the property, you’ll need one extra foot of elevation. Look at the property pictures to get an idea of how you can build something like this.
- Road Access — The road which leads to the property, Umatilla road, is definitely a dirt road. Something to be aware of.
Lot Size: 1.52 acres
Legal Description: Nimrod River Park, 5th Addition, Block 67, Lot 5
1. Put this address into your GPS: 34563 UMATILLA ST, CHILOQUIN, OR 97624
2. Once you arrive, head east toward Multnomah Street.
3. Pass through Multnomah Street.
4. Drive about halfway toward Clackamas Street from Multnomah Street.
5. Your property is on the right, spanning 1.5 acres.
- West Corner from Umatilla Street: 42°28’23.92″N, 121°21’48.41″W
- East Corner from Umatilla Street: 42°28’23.94″N, 121°21’50.97″W
Interested In This Property?
Call or text us at 323-457-7089 and we’ll answer any additional questions you have.